Friday 18 March 2011

Chapters

Today Griff's visa was approved for us to move to the States. While it's exciting at the moment, I know by the time we're loading up onto the plane it will undoubtedly be very bittersweet indeed.

Living abroad has been hard. When the president was Bush I was seen as an ambassador for America and thus subject to anger and ridicule as people saw fit. It at times was a very lonely existence. Then it got easier and I loved my international life.I never envisioned wanting to leave London. To me, it is the most beautiful city in the world.

London was a chance for me to start over. In many ways I grew up here, even tho I've only been here for 5 years. O how a baby changes things! He's honestly the reason I finally agreed with Griff that it is indeed time to go (Griff has been wanting us to go FOR YEARS).

So I'm going to use the next few months to write my good-bye to England. Take stock of things I love and will miss, but also remember the reasons why it's time to go. Yes, I will miss you Orange Wednesdays and Starbars, but cold weather and rain can now fuck off. We're ready for Big American roads, closets and bathrooms.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Leaving will, undoubtedly, be bittersweet. BUT! You can always go back, and change can be empowering. PLUS, selfishly, I'm looking forward to seeing you someday. (I initially wrote "meeting you" but then I thought...no, I already *know* her, it will be seeing her that's cool.)