Wednesday, 10 December 2008
I love Christmas. I know it is not the most popular sentiment. Most people seem to now take as much pleasure in reviling the holiday, than there are people celebrating. But I can honestly not think of an aspect that I don't enjoy.
I love the lights, the tacky ornaments, paper chains and crowds out shopping. And I loved them even when I was working in clothing and running crazy trying to keep all those spenders happy. I love picking out that perfect present, and how their face lights up when you've gotten it right.
Christmas just makes me feel good, overall. Life seems a little bit more pleasant. I have an excuse to bake tons of unhealthy snacks. It's okay to spend more money than I actually have on people I love. I can watch George C. Scott in A Christmas Carol as much times as I want and listen to Mariah Carey's "All I want for Christmas is You", without shame or remorse.
I feel sorry for people who can't find some way to enjoy the season. That can't take pleasure in wrapping presents, baking cookies and decorating the tree (o the tree, how you fill my home with that fantastic smell...).
I'm sleepy now. Tonight I watched Scrooged, next to my lit tree, knitting a sweater for Griff. That was heaven for me, that little moment in time. And my weekend was more of the same. As hectic as the holidays are, life slows down and I enjoy all the sentimentality a bit more.
Tomorrow I have to pick a few last things before we pack up to fly home. I will stand in a queue that is far too long to mail Christmas cards to people I could hand deliver them too, and I will probably be listening to carols on my iPod, whilst wearing that same miserable expression that everyone in post offices usually wear. But I will love every second of it and go home completely content and wrap presents.
Enjoy the holidays. That's my Christmas Wish for you.
Tuesday, 9 December 2008
- Barack Obama- My President, who gives me hope that change can happen to my broken country.
- The Beatles- My favorite band. John is my favorite Beatle
- Breakfast- best meal of the day. I love a few scrambled eggs, a toasted bagel with apple butter spread and a cup of tea followed up with some juice (apple or o.j. either are tasty)
- Batman- the best super hero EVER.
- Bette Davis- my Icon. I love her style, her films, her bitchiness. The woman was amazing.
- Boston- A city I want to go to.
- Bono- my arch-nemesis. In the end of days, we will do battle and I will strangle him with his own Joshua Tree.
- Banjos- make me tap tap tap my foot
- BUST- is my favorite magazine
- Brown- makes me feel smart, so I like wearing it to school
- Books- are both my savior and my vice. I can never turn them away.
- Bed- is my favorite place to be.
- Blue- makes me sad. So i can never wear it.
- Ballroom Dancing- is on my list of things to-do one day
- Biscuits and Gravy - i miss them very much!
- Blog- is something I need to get better at, because I do actually enjoy doing it
- Bride-to-be-that's me!
- Basements- I want to have one, one day, and turn it into a movie room and make it dark and cozy with lots of horror film posters on the walls.
- Banks- they hold my money hostage!!
- Bacon- it is apparently one thing that can break a vegetarian.