Sunday 20 March 2011

30 Days of Music Challenge- day 13 - a song that is a guilty pleasure

It's true. You can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl. As much as I have often tried to get away from the fact that I am, indeed, a woman raised in the South, there will always be things about it I can't break away from.

I loved country music when I was little. Dolly, The Judds, Garth Brooks...I still adore Johnny Cash and Loretta Lynn. I will say I think that country music today blows and is usually more closely linked to pop than actual country, but alas, that is another argument altogether.

So here's a favorite by The Judds. I have many fond memories of riding around in my Mom's minivan belting out these tunes with her and my little sister.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How could I have forgotten about the Judds?!?!

Ashley said...

DIG SOME OUT! I swear, you'll be singing into your hairbrush by the time it's over...