Wednesday 24 August 2011

Before I forget

Oscar had a moment and I replay it in my head a thousand times and I hope I never forget it, but just in case, I want to write it down.

While we were at the Smithsonian of American History we were wandering around an exhibit. An older child, maybe 8 years old, came bounding through and jumped high into the air and reached up to touch the archway between 2 rooms.

Oscar watched this (he loves to watch older children) and his expression was of utter delight watching this boy jump high into the air.

Oz then squatted down and tried with all his might to lift himself into the air. His eyes shut tight and smiling big and threw his arms wide open. I know behind his shut eyes he was doing the exact thing he saw the older boy do.

He used so much energy just thrusting himself he almost lost his balance, but steadied and grinned so big at me and Griff. It was one of the most magical things I had ever seen.

2 comments:

Corbicakes! said...

This made my day just imagining it. I love it!!! Oz is sooooo adorable!

Kasandra said...

Aw, I love this little story!!! I'm so glad you remembered to share it! <3