Wednesday 9 May 2012

Travel Rewind: The Witch Is In

 I love Salem, Massachuesetts. I loved every single bit of witchy tourist tat they had going on. We spent 3 days there (probably 2 more than we expected) and I spent my birthday there. We went to every single witch museum they had and enjoyed different things about each one. All gave historical accounts of the Salem Witch Trials, but they all had very different interpretations of how to represent the word
"witch". And while at one would give a sympathetic approach to the story of Corey Giles, the 80 year old man who was pressed to death, by the end of all the museums both Griff and I found him to be a bit of dick who had sold his wife out as being a witch (that said, he still shouldn't have been pressed to death!). So long story short, we enjoyed them all and I didn't have a favorite.
 Our stay at the campground in Gloucester was also really nice and quiet. It was also the first time I had a run in with a snake. Alright, a dead snake (it's head had been run over), but I saw a snake! So I spent some time trying to find out what sort of snakes are in Mass and whether or not they are poisonous. The one I saw, was not. Hurrah!
 GRIFF: Salem was fantastic, and it was fun going to 5 witch museums.  They all had a different take on the history, but did repeat things a bit.  We also went to a pirate museum which was really good.  The tour guide was very into it which always helps. (Although it was a little awkward as we were the only ones in the tour group)

No comments: