Thursday 9 August 2012

Whatever Gets you Through the Night



We were driving down the highway today and this song came on the radio. I had a moment that comes along not that often, where I feel very overwhelmed by the "What might have been" about John Lennon. He died 2 years before I was born, so I have no point of reference of his living persona during my life. Only the legacy. But how many pop stars have been assassinated ? Seriously? Of all the people that are killed for religious or political reasons, how often does that happen to a cultural icon? NOT OFTEN. I think of the "What ifs" and possibilities and it makes me sad.

As for what is getting me through the night....lately it has been Doctor Who and my knitting. I should be studying for the GRE, but I have to take it in doses, otherwise all the words start to jumble and stop making sense. I just returned from a very busy trip to Vegas, and although it was only 4 days, my routine has been completely disrupted. I can not shake this jet-lag. Today I was supposed to, hoping to, hear some answers on some pretty big things circling around us. I anticipate the answer to both will be "NO", but until I have them in confirmation, I am an anxious ball of nervous energy lacking focus to work on anything.

I COULD BE.....
-knitting
-scrapbooking
-reading
-studying
-tidying up our living space. Seriously, toddlers have to pull out ALL THE TOYS.

Instead I'm just unfocused and glazed over.

No comments: