Tuesday 11 January 2011

Splendiforous


I won't go into all the details about how me and Griff met and came to be Us, but suffice to say, we met in a pub called The Swan. It was a small pub on a dead-end street right next to the dorm I was staying in. It had been his pub for years, mainly because when he was underage they would serve and then he just kept sticking around.

After we met things started falling apart at the Swan and within a year of me moving here, it had been thru 3 landlords and been completely gutted and redone on the inside, before finally closing up for good.

We drove by the other night and it was, indeed, still closed.
But there was this little sign up*. I suddenly felt like I was in one of those movies where you stumble upon something that's not really there. I mean, doesn't that just look like something magically sinister would be waiting?
*Thru the power of Google Griff did find out that it's a Kingston Uni art project.

No comments: