Friday 10 April 2009

Another TV Blog and other updates


I have shared with quite a few people the TV list undertaking and instead of horror and disgust and "how can you spend so much time watching TV???"; I've had a LOT of enthusiastic responses and even recommendations to add to the list. So this list is being expanded as follows:

25. Carnival
26. Newsradio
27. Bit of Fry and Laurie
28. Weeds
29. Big Love
30. Family Ties

Newsradio I'm surprised we left off, since it's a favorite of both of ours. As far as Tv sit-com writing is concerned, I honestly don't think it gets much better than that. Bit of Fry and Laurie I bought for Griff at Christmas, it just unfortunately got lost in the pile. Family Ties I ADORED growing up and Griff has never seen. 

We finished The Wire, and I am still telling everyone and their brother that they need to watch it. For everything that is good and holy, it's a gem in television history. Then we moved on to The Prisoner. A little background:

The show was filmed in either the 60's or 70's. I don't actually care enough to research this point. Griff heard of it because the intro to Iron Maiden's "Number of the Beast" has a sound clip from the show, and a few people from (his) work have gone on and on about it. So I bought it for him for Christmas and he's been a bit peeved that we haven't started it yet.

So we finish the Wire, and I put the Prisoner on the list 2nd just to make him happy. WELL, I have tried to watch the 1st episode TWICE and have fallen asleep both times. It's insanely cheesy and boring and I have no interest in fighting this one out. Griff designated certain series to my own private viewings, and this one is going to be watched by his lonesome. Sorry I tried.

That sorted, we have moved on to The X-Files. While watching I have taken to my other website on Listography.com and started a list of all my favorite X-Files episodes while watching. I genuinely forgot what a treat season 1 actually is. 

Otherwise, life is hectic at the moment. School is kicking my ass and in a way, I don't really care anymore. I'm ready for it to be finished and move on to the masters program. I don't feel challenged this semester, and I'm ready for a challenge. I'm also giving a lot of thought of what I would like to do career-wise. Lately, I've been google-ing information about publishing and editing. (You might not realize this by reading my blog, but I actually edit my work and other peoples quite a bit...thus I'm flirting with the idea). 

Griff, as always, is amazing. 

No comments: