Sunday 24 May 2009

Dee and Sareta's Baby Blanket

O to knit for all these babies this year! The joy it should bring, and the excitement I felt about doing this particular blanket...



I have such a love/hate feeling for this one. And I don't want to feel hate because I don't want my negative ju-ju vibes to seep into something that will be snuggled next to baby. *le sigh* But it was this square in particular (the blue one,  and also the 2nd knit on) that clued me in that this was going to be a wonky project:



Apparently, whoever wrote out this pattern decided to do it in their own special knit language. For example, "knit 56 garter row stitches", was supposed to be 112 rows. Because I have a ton of yarn left over, and a pretty freakin' small baby blanket. It was the blue square the clued me in a bit later, because when adding the stitches on to create the blue square, it asked for a lot more stitches than can possible fit comfortably attached to the cream square. So it's that fucking blue square that made the WHOLE BLANKET wonky. And it's too late to go back and change it. So Dee and Sareta are getting a wonky baby blanket....and I feel very disappointed in myself. 

3 comments:

Wendy Marie said...

Well, I think your "wonky blanket" is absolutely beautiful.

Stephie C said...

Aww love the wonky blankie! I have such knitting envy but have no desire or patience to learn how to do it myself haha!

Stephie C said...
This comment has been removed by the author.