Monday 23 March 2009

Home Improvements


It's always amusing to me when I start to think about the projects around the house I am excited about, that I plan and see slowly come about; because it always makes me think about watching my Mom do the same as I was growing up and how painfully boring I thought it was. I was determined that when I was a grown up, such things wouldn't matter to me. O little Ashley, how silly you were.

Out home is coming along VERY SLOWLY, piece by piece, and we rarely EVER finish anything in one go. The current project is to get the guest bedroom finished and gorgeous for company this summer. We painted it (Beeswax) when we first moved in. There was terrible wallpaper on the walls that took ages to remove, and we had a few holes to work out, but painting was about as far as we got. 

Coving, I love. I didn't know I loved coving till I started looking at walls, and if it was missing I felt like something was wrong. Then I saw a wall with coving and realized it felt very very right. So we are going room by room and putting it up. Griff has started the first bit, and this past weekend put up a second bit. It's difficult because the room is VERY small, and there's furniture in there already. I think ideally, we would take everything out, put the coving up, paint it, and have the new carpet put down all in the same weekend. We shall see if we can be that lucky tho. I'm not sure how we would fit the guest bed into the living room for any period of time tho. 

So this a short catch up on our home improvements. The slow and tedious process that I somehow find myself enjoying. I think it does my Mom proud a smidgen. :)  



No comments: