Thursday 19 March 2009

Green Glass

This is our collection of green glass thus far. We (being me and Griff) were talking one day and I mentioned that I would love to have green objects scattered throughout the house. The inspiration coming from the fantastic 1985 film Return to Oz. Dorothy's friends have been turned into ornaments in the Gnome Kings parlor, and unbeknownst to her they are all GREEN ornaments...eventually she does figure it out. Dorothy is a very clever girl. But I loved the idea of walking around the house touching green objects and whispering "OZ" when no one's around. Griff enjoyed the story so much he agreed that a shelf of green objects would be nice. So here's our collection so far. The most expensive piece are the candlesticks which cost us $25 off esty. All the other pieces were found in charity shops and not a one cost more than £3. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is so rad! I love "Return to Oz" (Fairuza Balk is so awesome!) and as I read your entry I could totally hear the Scarecrow saying "He was a GREEN ORNAMENT". Thanks for making my day. xo