Tuesday 29 April 2014

Autumn Mix Muffins

So I've been trying to clean out my cupboards lately, and I found a box of Trader Joe's Pumpkin Bread and Muffin Mix. The side of the box calls for:
1 c water
1/2 c of vegetable oil
2 eggs


Well, I decided to throw a bunch of other stuff in there too. Here's some things I added:
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp allspice
1/2 c applesauce
I just grabbed some natural maple syrup and just poured some in
1 tbs brewer's yeast (I'm breastfeeding so it's good for lactation. Please don't feel like you need it.)

The first time I made them I was mixing everything up and then realized I had no eggs. WHAT WOULD A VEGAN DO!?!?!? To the internet...
I'd already added the applesauce. But I had flaxseed as well, so I added a tbs of that and a tbs of water. But I'm sure if you had eggs, go ahead and stick to the plan. But the 2 times I've made these, they are so moist and delicious, I really don't think you need them, especially if you have applesauce.

I added some raisins and oats, baked at 400 for 15 minutes.

DELICIOUS.

It's like autumn in the springtime. And Trader Joe's sells this mix all year. So you can buy it, and modify it however you wish! Really great, so easy to make.


No comments: