Saturday 3 November 2012

Better Day

So yesterday I didn't really feel like being thankful. Yesterday kinda sucked, in that grown up way, where you have feel things and hurt and then talk through them till you reach resolution. But resolution was found, and so yeah, today was sunshine and birds and shit.

Day 2 of Thankful:

I don't know if it's thankful, or more excited. But my friend, Terrie-May, who I miss infinity from the UK is going to be working on a cruise ship for several months. We thought the closest port she would be coming into in the US would be Florida and I was thinking "How will I get there?" But no. She is going to be coming to port in CHARLESTON. 3 1/2 flippin' hours away. It's going to be a day of sunshine, rainbows and kittens, i tell you. I completely teared up when she read it, and we were both clapping our hands and giddy like 8 year old girls going to a show with backstage tickets. THAT EXCITED.  I guess I could say that I am thankful that I have such a good friend. I miss her loads and loads. 

Day 3 of Thankful:

That my kid is pretty easy. Toddlers are fucking hard. I do not hide the fact from anyone that this has been a difficult stage for me. But at the end of the day, I can and do recognize that I have it relatively easy. Oz is a great kid. And I can only prove this by giving the example that tonight at bedtime he did not fight getting his teeth brushed, got in the bed after we got his jammies on, and because he hadn't listened earlier and I said no bed time story, he didn't complain or whine that no story was read. Nope. He just rubbed noses and kissed and said "night night" and I closed the door. Dusted. Done. He's a great kid, it's just toddlers are hard. And by hard, I mean exhausting.

No comments: