Thursday 25 February 2010

Patchwork Squares Blanket



I have been so slack at posting new knitting projects. I've been knitting up a storm, but it's taken me awhile to get around to photographing (for getting Griff to) them and posting them online. It's such a pain uploading stuff!



I've been making blankets. Since we don't know Bumble's sex, I feel like blankets can be all sorts of colors, and no baby can have to many blankets to snuggle, spit up on, play on the floor on, use as a cape and fly around the house....

So this here blanket, is my patchwork squares blanket. I bought the pattern and kit from Lion Brand, which is a company I usually love. I am not very happy with the end product. The squares just didn't come out as evenly as I hoped, and my sewing tension is still a bit tight. I try pressing them with an iron, but it's still very wobbly looking. 

Griff, bless him, says that "mistakes" like this just go to prove that it's homemade and better than store bought. He also thinks that because I am so disappointed in how this one turned out, it's bound to be Bumble's favorite. We shall see. I do still love all the colors...

No comments: